Things To Consider Before Being Nudged
There are many things I wish people knew before the need to be told in our high-traffic connected global environment.
- Don’t call anyone intermittently unless you are dying and they are your only saving Grace. If your call is not taken on the second attempt, wait for a response.
- If you borrow money from someone, return it before they ask for it.
- When someone gives you a treat, don’t compete with their personal choices and ensure you return the favor.
- You don’t grow small by treating people well even if they don’t deserve it based on their actions. Kindness says a lot about you.
- Respect different shades of opinions.
- No matter how valuable your points may be, don’t interrupt people talking. Wait until they finish then add your piece. It shows you respect them enough to have their say even if you have your reservations.
- How you respond/react to rejection says a lot about your maturity.
- Never talk about your providence, wealth, or riches in the midst of the poor or narrate the prowess of your kids amid failed parents. It’s like screaming Hate Me now!
- Don’t fix a time without being punctual yourself and never make a promise you intend not to keep.
- When someone shares a secret with you, take it to your grave even if they turn on you the next day.
- When people disagree with you, don’t read this as hatred & never give in to the temptation of impugning their integrity just because U feel disappointed.
- Grow Up